Here are the steps that you need to follow in order to install Windows 10 tech preview on Microsoft Hyper-V.
First of all go and download the .iso from
- Run hyper-v and click New -> Virtual Machine
- Press next
- Give a name for the new virtual machine
- Click Generation 1
- Provide ram size (suggest: 2 GB and more)
- Choose Not Connected for now.We will change that later
- Give your hard disk a size. You can store your virtual hard disc anywhere you want.You can also select one that already exists.
- Choose the bootable iso that you have downloaded from the windows insider page
- Press finish
- Go to virtual switch manager
- New virtual network switch -> External
- Choose your network adapter and give virtual switch a name
- Then select Settings -> Network Adapter -> and choose that you created on the previous step
- You are ready to rock!